Monday 20 December 2010

GT5: IS-F... Something?

As some people have noticed already, a 600MB update of v1.05 has been released for GT5. With it, a load of new features have come with it! The ones that has affected me so far is the inclusion of online events, the ability to remove the HUD partially or all together, and the increased payout of prizes on A-Spec and B-Spec races. I also got a few prizes for completing the Mercedes Driving School at varying difficulties.


Anyway, why have I put up pictures of my IS-F? One of the features mentioned was that you can rename the car to whatever you want. That gave me a few ideas, but obviously I wouldn't want something over the top, or offensive. Just something to stand out.

UPDATE: I misread the update notes... Fail.


Anyway, this is purely a drift spec car now, and its a blast to drift around with sticker tires like N2s or N3s (I know they are not what they are called, but its shorter and easier to call them this way, the tires are normal medium or normal soft for those who haven't played GT5P or GTPSP)


I also gave the online drift event a go. Came 4xxth for Tsukuba, and 2xxth for Eiger Nordwand. I know it is a bit early, and my rank can fall quite a bit, but it won't be able to fall anywhere under 2000, since that was my average ranking on GT5P. Assuming that most of the top 2000 people play this game, it should be accurate. Drifting isn't really hard, its easy to learn, but hard to learn the advanced techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment