Thursday 9 December 2010

GT5: Holy...

This. Is. The. Shit. What is the shit, you say?


The Lexus LFA was on my want list in this game as soon as I heard that it was included... Which was when I got the game and browsed through the dealerships. I know, the shame, I should have known way before that.

The car itself cost me an arm and a leg. I was holding back when I actually had the money, thinking that I won't be able to complete any of the other events if I spent everything all at once. God what a mistake that was.

And oh my god the engine. It sounds sooo good its unbelievable....

There has been some weird compromises Polyphony Digital had to make when it came to in game sounds. Since this is a video game, many of the sharp increases and decreases had to be levelled in order to meet whatever regulations. One of the things that this affects is entering tunnels... Which is kind of a shame. Once you hit the tunnel, the game's volume automatically tones itself down in order to level out the overall volume. Which means you can't hear the echoed wail of your car's exhaust note.

This is actually one of the cars that you can hear the sound of the engine in the tunnel without turning the sound up.

I would give up my life savings just for this car. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment