Friday 27 April 2012

No. 121?


WELL. I haven't posted on this thing for AGES! Same old, exams coming up, and at the height of procrastination, this is the result.
 Oh well. Anyway, recent updates? Cycling has taken up a lot of my time now, especially with this month joining the 30 Days of Biking. Its just a casual event where the aim is to cycle everyday for the month of April regardless of distance, meaning that anyone can join and just do spins around the porch. It still counts!

For me, it was a chance for me to see if I am mentally ready to take it up as a hobby, and with only 3 days of riding left to do, I'd say that this hobby should be sticking with me for quite some time.
It's also taught me to make the most out of the sun as well, especially with the horrific weather for the past week or so!

Probably the thing that I'm happy about the most is how much I have accomplished since I started cycling around 9 months ago. I managed to do a London to Brighton ride with Homing and Aaron last year, and while it took us 8 hours to complete it, the trip was probably the biggest things I have done in my life.

Fast forward to this month, I managed to go on a club run on an extremely wet Sunday, and while it was wet (obviously), cold, and having the rider's wheel in front spraying mud in my face, it was extremely satisfying.
That ride was 50 odd miles, and I was absolutely knackered in the end.



These pictures are all from the London to Brighton ride I did with Calvin and Tahir a week or so after that club ride.




Its great to be able to measure the progress that I have made with a hobby like this, we managed to get to Brighton in just over 3 hours!


And this is what I did it on this time round. If it wasn't for this bike, hanging in my room for months, taunting me that I made what felt like the most unjustified purchase in my life, I wouldn't have made the effort in my commutes to be a stronger rider.

A stronger individual.
I can safely say that its justified now.

No comments:

Post a Comment